Friday, December 5, 2008

Merry Sewing!


I've heard we all eventually turn into our parents....

I have fallen in love with sewing. It is so fun! Here is a dress I made for M. I still have to put buttons on the straps and possibly a jingle bell or star on the tree, but other than that it is finished!


I did my first applique on this dress. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but there are a few spots I messed up on. But not too bad for my first attempt. I just need to practice a little more.
Here's a close up of the top half of the dress. Now all we need is some cute tights and a solid color turtle neck or long sleeve t-shirt.

This week I am going to make the three kiddos matching Christmas outfits. They have pictures scheduled on the 12th..so I've got a lot of work to do!!

And to add to our little drawing Jordan...here's his lovely artwork on Grant's face. I promise..I really do watch my kids!!

At least it was washable and wiped right off! Phew!

Now..I am thinking about selling the baby shoes and dresses on Etsy, but I have a dilemma! I need a label name! I can't start selling until I think of a name so I can order tags for my creations. So please...suggest something!!

Haley





6 comments:

tchncrt said...

As far as suggestions for a label name, I can only seem to come up with puns using "sew" (i.e., "Sew Much Fun", "Sew Cute", "Sew Much Love", "Because I Said Sew", etc.), but I felt less impressed with my ideas after I saw that others were using similar puns.

Mama Jessica said...

I was trying to think of what you could use for a label name so here are my suggestions: "Crowned by Him" "Precious in His site" or you could use your blog name too "party of four" Can't wait to hear what you think of! I was thinking the other day that you should put stuff on Etsy. It is so fun to look around there. Plus there are blogs that do give aways to get the stores name out. So if you ever want to do that you could contact one of the blogs and donate for a giveaway.

Mariah said...

Cute Outfit!!!

Mariah said...

Hey how about Bows and Lace

Leslie said...

Oh, I am so proud of you!!!
The dress is absolutely darling!!!
Hooray for daughters who love to sew! Miss M will be looking spiffy in her new jumper. °Ü°
You forgot to tell about your sewing 'accident', though! LOL

Love you

Melodie said...

i am very impressed with the dress. so cute!