Tuesday, November 25, 2008

OH JORDAN!!!!

Boy does Jordan keep me on my toes! Yesterday we went to Walmart..and for those of you who know me well, know Jordan has to stay in the basket or he will run. Free-willed, arms flinging, Pheobe style running as fast as he can. Well he was contained in the basket and doing so well while I shopped that I thought I would be a super awesome mom and let him out in the toys for 5 minutes. He gets out and looks for a while on one row..we then move to the next and he decided he would rather be back on the previous row. He takes off running!! I flip my basket around with has Grant in it and all my groceries, and run like Nascar after him. I don't see him. Next row...no Jordan again. no Jordan...no Jordan...no Jordan. I begin to freak out! He is not in the toys at all anymore! A walmart lady comes around the corner as I'm yelling "JORDAN!!??" I tell her my son is gone and they call over the loud speaker..."Code Adam, Code Adam, 3 year old boy with a John Deere tractor shirt on is missing!" At this point I am about to lose my mind. All I can think is ...he's gone..he's gone..what am I going to do...I miss him terribly already. I just knew someone had kidnapped him. Once the code Adam was called, they did a lock-down of all of Walmart. Every exit was locked and every single employee came out from the back to look for him. I follow behind the manager lady and he are looking for him. I am shaking. Then she gets a radio that he has been found in the baby stuff. That little stinker! He ran completely across the store from one side to the next! Three employess begin coming toward us with him and he looks like he's about to cry. The employee that found him said he was having a great time running, but he got scared once she picked him up. I'm glad he got scared when she picked him up...but he wasn't screaming or anything!! He didn't even know her and he went with her! That freaks me out!!
So the rest of the day I was so paranoid and scared! Still am! I am so thankful today for Jordan and being able to hug him and listen to his sweet little voice.

But ...he keeps me on my toes! Here's what I found when I went to wake him up from nap a few days ago:

Some very good printing practice...with a permanent marker on his pillowcase. He said, "look mom..I did a good "A" and "L"!" He was so proud of himself. I praised him for his wonderful work..then lectured about how we respect the things we have and we only write on paper. I then removed the markers he had found in his dresser and hid them.

Fast forward to today...Brian is leaving to go back to work from his lunch break and he goes to give Jordan a kiss before he leaves. He comes back and says...."go look at Jordan" and he's laughing.




little toot! He hid one of the markers in his room!! Etch-a-sketch...this is one doodle that can't be undone! He's going to have permanent marker on him for a few days...

I'll leave you with a few other entertaining pictures...got to go get M from Kindergarten!!

"Mom...I'm a prin-thess" "You sure are!"


The kids and I at the Science Museum..
Sitting on teeth at the Science Museum. I just noticed Jordan only has one shoe on...hmm..we've already lost one shoe last week from him throwing it out the door at Hobby Lobby..but not telling me until we got home.

My sweet boys!!

And last...
Some new shoes I made for my friend Amber's little girl. I love these!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Haley

1 comment:

Mama Jessica said...

Ok, this post is cracking me up (well in my head I am laughing so hard, Ian is sleeping and I would hate to wake him up with me laughing). The marker picture is great!