Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My kiddos!

We did something really fun during spring break! I had the kids draw a creature on a piece of paper. Then we cut it out. The first was Jordan's...then M's.


After cutting it..we traced it on fabric and I sewed it together. Then each kiddo stuffed it with cotton.

Then I stitched it closed..and voila..a real life creature created by each of my kids!





M turned 6 on March1st! Wow..she was only four when she came to live with us!! In about 9 weeks she will be returning home to her mom. We will miss her terribly!! But we can't wait to see who else God puts in our lives to help. Probably we will wait for another placement until December or so. Really want Grant to be closer to 18months old.


Here a sweet picture to leave you with! When we were traveling for my grandfathers funeral..our boys slept in the same bed together. Oh how they love each other! Jordan adores Grant..and Grant adores Jordan. They really slept holding hands...makes my heart jump a bit!

Ta Ta..
Haley

4 comments:

Mama Jessica said...

So cute! I am sorry to hear that M is leaving. So it is for sure? Arg. Love the idea about having them create something like that doll! You are so creative. :)

kelsey said...

what a fun idea! i'm sure they loved it....

and i'm SO sad miss m is leaving! breaks my heart...but i do know the lord has great plan for her. i just need to keep her and her family in my prayers....

Liesl said...

I second everything Jessica and Kelsey said...

On a happier note...such a cute idea to make those monsters! We need to have that crafty night soon! I can't believe it's been over a year since that fun stamping party. Time sure flies...

Riley said...

Omg those "creatures" are so cool! I want one!! That was a great idea! I can't believe M was only 4! It went by so fast! TOOO CUTE of Jordan and Grant for sure! Think you and Lindsey were like that? haha.